WHAT IS DOMOTICS?
COMFORTABLE, SAFE AND ENERGY-EFFICIENT LIVING: THAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DOMOTICS IN A NUTSHELL. A DOMOTICA INSTALLATION INTEGRATES ALL THE TECHNIQUES IN THE HOUSE IN ONE SYSTEM. This way you can tune your complete home to your wishes in a jiffy. WHERE AND WHEN YOU WANT. FROM THE KNOWN EVERYTHING OUT FUNCTION TO AUTOMATIC SUN PROTECTION AND PRE-PROGRAMMED ATMOSPHERE LIGHTS. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
Home automation is another word for home or building automation. Sound complicated? The intention is nevertheless simple: to make your life as pleasant as possible. How? By connecting all technical facilities in the house in one building management system: lighting, heating, videophony, burglary and fire protection, sun protection, shutters, the garage door, camera surveillance ...
Home automation is more than just luxury. With a view to the future, home automation offers many important benefits.
|DOMOTICS - (Remote) control|
|HOME CINEMA - AUDIO - VIDEO|
|AUTOMATION (DOORS, [SECTIONAL] GATES)|
|CAMERA MONITORING - ACCESS CONTROL|
|LIGHTING - LIGHT STRENGTH CONTROL - RGB COLOR|
|WARMING AND COOLING|
|SYSTEM INTEGRATION - NETWORK MANAGEMENT|
Home automation makes life easier. Some examples:
- Scenarios: you can pre-program these via the building management system. Do you enjoy watching TV? Then you can set the TV to turn on at the push of a button, the lighting in the living room is dimmed and the shutters go down. You can create, adjust and automatically execute countless scenarios.
- Remote control: thanks to home automation you never have to leave your seat again. Dimming the LED lighting or adjusting it extra romantic? Or adjust the volume of the music system? You do that with your smartphone or tablet.
- Motion detectors: the traditional light switch is also a thing of the past. Thanks to motion detectors with a built-in light sensor, you always enjoy the right lighting depending on the amount of incoming daylight. Comfortable and energy-saving (see below).
- All-in-one: no range of different buttons and switches on the wall, but one screen that serves for lighting, TV and sound, videophony, heating ...
2. LIFELONG LIVING
Would you like to live in your familiar environment for as long as possible? Even if you get older or are temporarily less mobile? Domotics helps you automate certain processes such as:
- The stove that switches off automatically after a certain time;
- A panic button with which you notify the assistance;
- A motion detector in the corridor that is linked to an alarm. If the system no longer registers movement after a certain time, the emergency services can be notified automatically.
Home automation contributes to the safety in and around your house. This is possible with:
- Cameras: by integrating cameras into the system, which can also serve as a videophone, you can keep an eye on remotely. Wherever you are.
- Presence simulation: with this preprogrammed scenario, you turn your lights on and off in different places at certain times, so that it looks like someone is home while you actually enjoy a trip or city trip.
- Alarm system: if burglars try to make the most of it, then hopefully you will outsmart them thanks to the integration of an alarm system. In that case you can automatically have the emergency services notified and possibly an emergency scenario put into effect: flashing lights, the radio that starts to blow loudly ...
- Sensors for water or gas: so that you can have the supply shut off automatically in the event of a leak.
According to specialists, building and home automation is the key to tackling the global energy problem. Logical, because 40% of the energy we use goes to buildings.
How do you cut your energy bill with home automation yourself? Some options:
- Motion sensor: so that the lighting switches on automatically when you enter a room. If you opt for motion detectors with a built-in light sensor, the home automation system automatically adjusts the lighting to daylight.
- Zone heating: heat your house specifically per room or zone. You can read the temperature of each zone and adjust it via a touchscreen or on your tablet.
- All-off function: you can also save energy with this home automation classic. Before you go out the door, you switch everything off (automatically or manually): lights, heating, electrical devices ... This way, no device consumes unnecessary energy. Through the interface of the building management system (with a touchscreen, tablet or smartphone) you constantly monitor the consumption of electricity, water and gas.
- Automatic sun protection: this way you prevent overheating and you do not have to actively cool your home.
- Energy management: technical installations are becoming more and more complex, including ventilation, renewable energy, energy storage, daylight control ... Automation helps all these technologies to match each other as much as possible.
You cannot compare a home automation system with a standard electrical installation. The biggest difference: you need double cabling.
- On the one hand the traditional electricity wires for supplying technical devices (220 volts).
- On the other hand, an extra low-voltage circuit for transporting information to the central building management system. You can connect all sensors to this, such as light sensors, temperature sensors, motion detectors ...
In addition, you must provide extra space in your electrical cabinet for the home automation modules that control your techniques. The number of modules depends on the complexity of the installation. For example, there are separate modules for the lighting, your shutters, the connection to the internet ...
IS DOMOTICS SOMETHING FOR YOU?
Due to the complexity of the technology, the programming work and the additional material costs (cabling, control modules), home automation is more expensive than a standard electrical installation. Therefore, ask yourself exactly what you expect from your home installation.
Do you only want to dim the light and automatically control the shutters? Then a well-thought-out electrical installation is sufficient. But do you want to program all techniques in-house and control them remotely with your smartphone or tablet? Then choose home automation.
In any case, CreaDomotics is your partner!
Laat u overtuigen in één van onze showrooms!